- "I promise all Luna fans that I will stay completely true to her because she deserves no less."
- —Evanna Lynch
'Evanna Patricia Lynch' is an Irish actress. She played Luna Lovegood in the film and game adaptations of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. She is also a big fan of the Harry Potter series
Behind the scenes
- Evanna named her cats after Harry Potter characters: she has a cat named Luna and one named Dumbledore. She also had another cat named Crookshanks, now deceased.
- She is a frequent visitor to the Harry Potter fan site MuggleNet, and she once called in to the popular Harry Potter podcast, PotterCast.
- Evanna likes making beaded jewelery. She made the radish earrings that her character wears in Order of the Phoenix herself.
- Evanna Lynch revealed in a special feature on the Half-Blood Prince DVD with Jany Temime that she also made a bracelet worn by Luna when she attended the Slug Club Christmas Party. The bracelet depicted a hare, like her Patronus, but it was believed that it was a reindeer. It took Evanna about 45 minutes to make it, and she stated it wasn't, nor did it need to be, perfect, since Luna was like that. Jany jokingly asked her, "Are you going to tell me that if it was not for Luna you would have made it better than that?" to which Evanna simply responded, "Perhaps."
- She attended both the London and Irish premières of Order of the Phoenix.
- She was given a hare and moon pendant by J. K. Rowling.
- At the James Joyce Awards in Dublin when asked, "Do you think about the film when you write?" Rowling answered "No", but that "the only actor or actress who has ever, ever intruded while writing was Evanna Lynch, who is absolutely perfect as Luna. And I must admit I have heard her voice in my head when I wrote the book. I love Evanna. She's fantastic. She was perfectly cast, she was… she won't mind me saying this, she is completely cool with this, she is Luna! She is very Luna-esque, in personality, and is just spot on for me".
- Before clinching the role, Evanna wrote to J.K. Rowling telling her that she wanted to be Luna but she came from a sleepy place called Termonfeckin where nothing ever happened. Rowling wrote back encouraging her and told her not to be too disheartened that she herself came from a very sleepy place.  
- Her favourite book is Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli.